Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Territory Sales Manager - East Central Saskatchewan (12 month contract)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Territory Sales Manager – East Central Saskatchewan, are to:
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) is responsible to achieve or exceed territory sales targets as established by his/her Regional Sales & Account Manager (RSAM). The TSM represents Bayer CropScience in all key day-to-day business activities required to sell and service Bayer products.
Utilizing strong agronomic recommendations, the TSM role positions the full Bayer portfolio of DEKALB Canola, Corn, and Soybean seed, crop protection products (including Seed Treatments, in crop herbicides, and in crop fungicides), and the Climate FieldView Digital Ag Platform to offer customized agronomic solutions with growers and retails.
The TSM is expected to represent Bayer in a professional manner, adhering to corporate policies with respect to safety, business conduct, respect in the workplace and compliance in the performance of their duties and activities. TSMs will continuously manage and report sales and resource consumption progress to their RSAM and required business colleagues.
The individual would be based in East Central (Yorkton) Saskatchewan and you would work from their home office. The territory boundaries are between Ebenezer to the North East, Mellville in the South West, Langenburg in the South East, Togo in the North East. A strong preference will be given to have the individual work within the territory boundaries, but consideration will be given to candidates living in communities nearby. This position is a 12 month term contract with an anticipated start date of June 1, 2020.
- Responsible for sales objectives for a defined set of growers, while striving for professionalism, safe working practices and stewardship in the territory
- Responsible for business planning activities for all retailers based on centrally defined targets
- Represent Bayer Crop Science to retail and grower customers, as well as other business influencers in their respective territory in terms of sales, support and service of Bayer seed and crop protection products
- Product inquiries:
- Primary responsibility for all inquiries relating to Bayer products. Secondary support from Agronomy team / SeedGrowth team / Climate team
- Business knowledge transfer using all relevant internal and external communication channels
- Joint responsibility with MD Field Agronomist for field tours, demonstrations and other local face-to-face promotional activities
- Responsible to establish and maintain strong relationships to retail network enhancing business
- Provides leadership, guidance & motivation to the assigned summer students when operating in their territory
- Provide information to their Regional Sales Manager on the status of their territory in terms of sales progress, resource management, competitive activities and business planning and execution
- Work with Bayer Market Development Agronomists to provide value to our retail and grower customers and to develop territory business plans
- Compliant with Bayer safety, driving policies and manage summer students
- Complete safety and driving training as required
- Report injuries and accidents as required
- Coordinate and participate in required safety meetings
- Support safety initiatives at TD sites and locations
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- BScAg, BComm or a relevant related discipline and minimum of 2 years of experience
- BCS Summer Student experience is an asset
- Certified Crop Science Consultant (CCSC) Designation would be an asset
- P.Ag ; R.T Ag Designation ; Order of Agronomists (QC) or CCA designation would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - written, verbal and listening, to maximize results with both internal and external customers
- Good computer skills with ability to use MS Office Suite as well as other BCS Software (CRM, Tableau)
- Understanding of their territory, region and customers
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision
- Seek guidance from Regional Sales managers or peers for difficult situations
- Understand and show effort to demonstrate LIFE values
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate motor vehicles safely
- Supervises and coaches Territory Sales Assistants (Summer Students)
- Participation in Regional Teams and Committees as requested and required
- Achieves or exceeds territory sales budgets
- Advanced knowledge of crop protection and the seed business
- Strong agronomic skills
- Understanding of regional market issues affecting territory
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 152281
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales